You want to know who are the current leaders of the main world organizations; those who are characterized by being professionals with extensive and recognized experience in their nation and the world; whose goal is to achieve the objectives of the institutions under their charge, facing firmly and decisively each of the challenges that are presented to them; Find out by continuing to read this interesting post.
Importance of leaders in world organizations
Leaders are essentially the engines that set the functioning of organizations in motion, they provide the necessary impulse to their followers so that they feel confident in their decisions, work maintaining the commitment with their nations and concentrate all the positive energies together to make changes. at a social level for the benefit of the quality of life of all citizens in the world.
An example of this is found in the meeting held in November 2020 in Geneva where leaders of organizations such as the FAO, OIE and the WHO met, in order to seek alternatives to face the problems caused by the incidence of Covid-19 in the world.
Outstanding current leaders
There are important world organizations that combine their efforts to achieve greater benefits for humanity every day, each one of them with functions oriented to a particular area; but all based on the collective interests of the world. Among the leaders who head some of these institutions are:
- António Guterres, ninth Secretary General of the United Nations, who previously held the position of United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees.
- Qu Dongyu, is the Director General of the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations.
- Kristalina Georgieva, is the Director General of the International Monetary Fund and former Director General of the World Bank.
- David Malpass is the Executive Director of the World Bank.
- Charles Michel is the current President of the European Council
- Guy Ryder is the Director of the International Labor Organization.
- Tore Hattrem is the President of the United Nations Children’s Fund.
- Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus Director General of the World Health Organization.
- Zurab Pololikashvili is the Secretary General of the World Tourism Organization.
- Audrey Azoulay is the Director General of the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization.
- Elvia Violeta Menjivar Escalante is the President of the 54th PAHO Directing Council.
- Alicia Bárcena Ibarra is the Executive Secretary of the Economic Commission for Latin America and the Caribbean.
- Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala is the Director General of the World Trade Organization.
- Luis Almagro is the Secretary General of the Organization of American States.
- Mauricio Claver-Carone is the President of the Inter-American Development Bank.
- Mary Robinson President of the Center for Sport and Human Rights.
- António Vitorino Director General of the International Organization for Migration.
As can be seen throughout the world, there are many leaders who are at the head of important organizations; However, there are other people who are worth mentioning for having a recognized career as professionals, such is the case of those who are conducting studies to achieve a vaccine and treatment with which to control the spread of Covid-19.
In this sense, it is worth mentioning the leadership of scientists who are not at the head of a world organization, but have managed to stand out, such as the American Kizzmekia Colbert, the British Sarah Gilbert, and the Chinese Chen Wei, who carry out studies and tests to develop the antigen that will finally be effective against this virus.
At the same time, it is opportune to emphasize that this is a great challenge for public health throughout the planet and that it will be overcome thanks to the existence of precursors of immunology and the germinal theory of the process followed by infectious diseases and asepsis, as they were Luis Pasteur, Edward Jenner and Joseph Lister; Thanks to all of them for this contribution.